Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The contract has arrived

So the contract was couriered to Mick yesterday at work. Last night, after I had my meeting, we had a quick look at it - Mick started on the writing part, I went straight to the pretty pictures of course.

I'm currently banging my head against the wall... honestly, after spending literally days with these people, and making sure that they have the drawings right before we leave EVERY TIME, how is it that there are still errors on our contract and drawings!

As I said to Mick last night, the bit that gets me so cross about it, is that just when you relax and think "well, it's the contract, it will be fine so we'll just scan over it and sign it" you sort of can't relax because they miss stuff they've previously added (goodness only knows how) and then your house is built without what you want in it!

They have moved our feature tiling in the bathroom and ensuite *without consulting us*, which is of concern. They even forgot to add the detailed drawings of the bathrooms also! (we only picked up on the master drawings because they wrote "niche on this wall" and pointed to the wrong wall - which is the only reason I picked up the error!

How can it be so hard!

What a frustration! I was so over it, I couldn't stand to look at the contract, just skimmed the pictures for all of five minutes before I cracked it and walked off... (poor Mick! - he was looking at me, as if to say "what the")

We will have a better look over the weekend.

So now the emailing begins - Hubby is now beginning discussions with Carlisle to get the drawings, which are so boldly stamped with "no further changes will be made", changed to what we wanted them to be, because they just couldn't get it right...

Hilarious.

Monday looks like it's going to be a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment