Thursday, March 25, 2010

Today shall be called ... Slab Day!

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! We had a call from our very excited Covert Inspector to say that there were cement trucks in the street this morning. *Bing* Happy Days!!!


This is the view from part way up the backyard. Perhaps the chicken house will be where I am standing, if i can get past my fear of chickens!


This is the side of the house, beside the novelty oversized garage.




This is the view from the street as we pulled up.




This is the Alfresco area. I anticipate many barbecues here in the future with our wonderful friends and family.
(Sorry everyone, I'm so not doing Christmas this year!)
Bailey is standing in the kitchen where I reckon the stove will be.
That yellow pipe is my sink in my pantry!



This is the alfresco again. Bailey loved hearing about how the slab is made of foam.


View of the back of the house.



And again.





Bay really enjoyed being the inspector for me tonight. He wants to be a builder when he gets older. And a mechanic. And a carpenter. And an electrician ... the list goes on. All I know is, he is very good with his hands, and really wants to get stuck into it!


The garage ...


Well, I figured it is our house, and damn it, the slab was still a bit wet, so I have marked it with our names. The kids are chuffed. It's in the corner of the garage, I don't think it will be covered with bricks, but I don't think the thin etching will survive the build anyway. But even if it doesn't, we are forever etched into the guts of this house.





















No comments:

Post a Comment